Patham Muthuvelayutham, EMBA '10
Patham Muthuvelayutham, EMBA 10

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Welcome Patham Muthuvelayutham

I grew up in a small town located in south Indian state of Tamil Nadu. I received both my Bachelor and Masters in computer science from Bharathidasan University – Bishop Heber College. My professional life started 18+ years back as a programmer in a manufacturing company in Chennai, India and had an opportunity to work with software companies, insurance companies and major financial firms. Currently working in JPMorgan Chase global derivative services division as an executive director and managing work force around the world.

Working in Wall Street during this (2008-2009) financial turmoil is challenging, however the experience and knowledge gained during this crisis is valuable and it will prepare you for life. I always believe in education and got several professional certifications like PMP during these past 18 years. In order to expedite my growth in corporate ladder, I realized that I need a good business degree from a well recognized university. It has been little more than a year with Cornell EMBA program and it is an eye opener for me. The courses taught part of this program so far are very valuable and the concepts learnt in this program can be used immediately on the job. Attending an MBA program with a full time job, family and two kids is demanding. I am very thankful to my wife and kids for working around my busy schedule between work and school.

No comments:

Post a Comment